This week we did a Build a Shape Bear paper craft to help my toddler and preschooler learn 2D shapes! This simple craft brings shapes together to make super cute little bears. You can do this activity with any shapes you’d like to make, but I’ve also included free templates if you’d like to use the shapes we used.
This activity is part of the Virtual Book Club for Kids. Be sure to see the end of this post for more information and to see all of the great activities for this week!
Build a Shape bear 2D Shapes Activity
I’ve created 3 different templates, one with five simple shapes, one with TEN different shapes, and one fun heart shape bear!
I’ll show the details of how we made the five-shape bear. We built the other bears in a similar way, just using different shapes.
Another fun way to do this activity with older kids, is to print and cut out ALL the shapes and let them create a bear in whichever way they would like!
Build a shape bear with 5 different shapes:
This craft is simple. Just print the template, color the shapes, cut them out, and glue them together.
Big Bro and I colored the shapes together as we talked about them, and then I cut them out.
Then it was time to build out bear. We glued the ears behind the head, and then glued the face shapes onto the front.
Next we put together the body.
And then we added the rectangle arms and out bear was complete!
Build a Shape Bear with 10 Shapes!
Build a Shape Bear with Hearts, Circles and Ovals!
This one is so cute and a perfect craft to put on a card for Valentines Day.
More Bear Themed Activities from the Virtual Book Club for Kids:
This week the theme is Bears and the featured book is Time to Sleep by Denise Fleming. These little bears make a great little buddy to go along with the book!
More Bear Activities:
- Upper & Lowercase Matching Bear Puzzles- Sea of Knowledge
- Bear Paw Alphabet Tracks – Inspiration Laboratories
- Bear Paw Names – Rainy Day Mum
- Bear Brain Breaks – Sugar Aunts
- Sorting Animals by Big, Medium and Little from My Storytime Corner
- Bear Paw Cookies – Clare’s Little Tots
- Teddy Bear Bread – Messy Little Monster
- Dress-up Bears – Mama Smiles
- Color Games for Kids with a Bear Theme
- Preschool Bear Craft – (painting) Preschool Powol Packets
- Bird Seed Bear Craft for Kids – Views From a Step Stool
Pin this Build a Shape Bear Activity: