We recently read Daisy-Head Mayzie by Dr. Seuss, which inspired these cute fuzzy stem flowers.
It’s a great fine motor craft for kids!
To Make a Flower You’ll Need:
- 1 green fuzzy stem for the stem
- 2 fuzzy stems for the petals, each cut in thirds (you’ll have 6 pieces for petals)
- 6 pony beads
How to Make A Fuzzy Stem Daisy Flower:
- Slide a bead on to a piece of pipe cleaner to start a petal.
- Bend and twist the pipe cleaner into an oval shape.
- Repeat this for all six petals.
- Slide each of the 6 petals onto the green stem.
- Bend the stem around to make a circle shape.
- Twist the end of the stem to the base to secure.
- To make a curly stem, twist the stem around a pen or pencil and slide off.
Try making them in different colors, too!